Think of it like this: most doctors are trained in general practice areas, and they become good at doing a little bit of everything general. But you wouldn’t go to a general practice doctor to receive the best care for a unique medical problem requiring surgery with severe consequences if done improperly or not completed quickly with an effectively executed treatment plan.
Hiring a lawyer should absolutely have the same selection process. So if you have a specialized and unique legal problem involving false accusations and unfair charges of domestic violence, you’ve come to the best attorney to receive the best representation.
There are legal consequences and there are consequences that affect the personal, professional, and financial aspects of someone’s present circumstances and future. Such consequences include those named above, and the following (although not limited to either list):
- mandatory counseling
- heavy monetary fines and fees
- mandatory periods of probation and constant monitoring for a certain amount of time
- a conviction record
- immigration consequences (risk of deportation/removal from the United States)
- gun ownership/possession privileges revoked
- family relationships negatively impacted
- romantic relationships negatively impacted
- losing custody of children or court ordered supervised visitation